Thursday, September 10, 2009

stitches again...

The last of my stitching share this week. I'm sure you'll see stitching pop up here and there on my layouts, though. You'll see that I did another curvy stitch around a photo block. I don't know about you, but once I find something that I like in a layout, I tend to repeat it a few times. It works, so why not? I'm not really scrapping in order, so it doesn't really matter.

These papers are My Mind's Eye. Don't you love how they all coordinate. I love polka dots too. And being a boy mama, I don't often get to use flowers...so they come out in force when it's a page with girls on it! I actually hand cut these flowers from the patterned paper and then popped them up with pop dots (another favorite scrapping supply)! How fun is it that they have a sort of stitched border on them...

Oh wait...I used the scraps from this layout on that birthday card a while back!

I also stitched the edge of the layout itself. I do this sometimes to complete the look with a border.
Don't own a sewing machine? Borrow one from a friend...you'll love it so much that you'll start searching for a deal of your own.
Or how about hand stitching? Kinseygirl is the expert on hand stitching...and dang does she work it!






1 comment:

  1. Cute! I didn't know you'd scrapped these pictures. I just love stitching . . .

    ReplyDelete