Friday, November 13, 2009

altered complete...

As I said before, I don't do altered projects very often. I don't know if I'm too impatient or can't think outside of the box (aka flat page)...but for whatever reason I don't do it.

When I opened my September kit box, it inspired me to do this...I love how it turned out!



I see some things that I don't like or aren't 'good design'...but the overall look is what I was going for...so therefore I love it! Can't wait to get this back from the store and hang it on the wall. I have the perfect place for it.




Every thing on the canvas is part of the September kit...except for the actual canvas and the paint. I used Modge Podge and glue to attach everything. The '5' is punched out of the number lace paper and layered onto the cool ledger button. The 'w' is one of the Sassafrass chipboards...I just painted it to match the flower better. The '09' and 'these are the days' are rub ons.

I printed the sepia toned photo at home...but I didn't let it dry long enough...so when I painted it with the ModPodge, it bled a little. No worries...I kind of like how it colored up a bit.

I think playing with this has helped to bring back my mojo. I'm going to go and plan some layouts...keep your fingers crossed!



1 comment: