Monday, January 4, 2010

home decor

I laughed out loud as I typed the title to this post. If you know me, you know that my home decor is a little, um, lacking. It's just not my gift. I really should hire some of my friends to help me search out the look I want (Pottery Barn on a budget). But it falls to the bottom of my list really. Oh well.

Last year I decided that I at least wanted some stuff on the walls...we had only lived her nearly 5 years at that point! So I did some photo collections.

IMG_0002

I wanted to throw in some seasonal color here and there so on one wall, I took a 10x10 frame and made a simple non-picture layout with some seasonal papers. I loved how it turned out and decided that I would change it up each season or holiday.

Now it has evolved to have a seasonal quote (usually a Bible verse) on it. I love the daily reminder as I walk by this wall each day.

Here is what it looked like at Christmas:

IMG_0004

A combo of Basic Grey and Making Memories Christmas lines (2009 and before)...sigh...

IMG_0005

Before that at Thanksgiving:

IMG_0006

Basic Grey again...with Scenic Route letters. I'm not in love with how this turned out when I added the verse. This was the one that started it all...but it had no verse last year. Fall 2010 may be time for a new one. Love the verse, just don't love how it looks spelled out.

At Easter:

IMG_0007

I'm laughing again...because you should know that this one stayed up from March until September of last year! Ha! Just a little confession to make you laugh. It's cute though. My Mind's Eye papers and Prima felt letters.

And now...for the new year:

IMG_0009

A little bit of Jillibean Soup and Thickers. I used Heidi Swapp's edge distresser to distress the edges

IMG_0008

and I hand drew some stitches...too lazy to get out the sewing machine!

IMG_0010

Next month I have another Jillibean Soup layout to put in there...love this line of papers! I still have some finishing touches to put on it so I'll share it once it's done.

Kristen

Technorati Tags: ,,

No comments:

Post a Comment