Thursday, February 4, 2010

challenge…layout #4 and sketch #6

{Wondering what I’m talking about? Check out my challenge post here.}
Okay, so here it is finally. Wondering what held me up? Keep on reading and I’ll explain.
Here was sketch #4
baysidechoir09sketch
And here is my guy in his Christmas choir glory:
 joytotheworldlayout
Yep…that’s nearly 300 of our closest friends up on stage with him. Bayside doesn’t do small. :) All of the product is from the December kit.
check out those cute tiny little tags, frosted envelopes and fabric tags…joytotheworlddetail01 I did some stitching on this one…felt good to get my sewing machine out.  The star sticker strip is by Hambly, as is the kraft paper with the white grid.
joytotheworlddetail02 More stitching and I used a tiny scrap of the Crate Paper stripe to add a bit of interest…I like how it turned out. Those are Thickers, of course and some mini letters from October Afternoon.
joytotheworlddetail03
Isn’t this hat pin fun? I took wire cutters and cropped off the pointy edge… joytotheworlddetail04 And here’s the layout by Jennifer Johner in the Nov/Dec issue of Scrapbooks, Etc that was my inspiration. I LOVED it and just expanded it into a double!
Check out Christine’s version of the single here.
joytotheworldinspiration
And the last of my challenge sketches…the last of the 4x6 photo sketches. You might recognize it…
santacookies09sketchIf you find yourself perusing the GT Flickr account you may remember seeing this layout from the February kit:
febuglycuteIt was also mine.  I liked it’s simplicity so much that I decided to use it again. That’s what I love about scrapbooking…re-using and idea never looks the same. You’ll see that I actually took the 4x6 blocks on the right and made them 2x3 blocks. Easy Peasy!
Okay…now…the news that made me sad…
My LSS, Green Tangerines is closing at the end of this month. This place has such a huge part of my heart. Not only is it the coolest store I’ve ever been in, the people are amazing. Kelly and Paula, the owners, are two of the nicest people I have ever met. My heart is just aching over it. Never mind the fact that I will have NO scrapbook store near me now…what?!?!
The good news is that the Green Tangerines Kit Club is continuing, with a whole bunch of NEW things in store for 2010.
So I’m sad and excited all at the same time…sigh…
Can you forgive my lack of creative mojo the other night when I found out?
Now that it’s all sunk in, I’m working on layout #5 and 6 and I hope that I can still finish them up in time for my original ‘deadline’. Check back tomorrow to see how I’m doing.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment