Monday, February 8, 2010

challenge…layout #6

Wondering what I’m talking about? Check out my challenge post here.

Yahoo!

Six layouts in 11 days. So I didn’t quite meet my 10 day challenge…but I’m not sad about that at all.

My desk is cleared off.

I spent the day and night scrapping with friends on Saturday…one of my last chances to scrap at my LSS (it’s closing at the end of the month). Green Tangerines has the best crop room ever! Sigh.
It was a rough day emotionally…but I had a good time with some friends. I ate a lot of junk (I paid for it on Sunday!) and talked a lot. Didn’t get a ton done, but I’m okay with that. I DID finish up my last December kit layout.

So here is the last sketch:
santacookies09sketch
You’ll remember that I’ve done it before.

Doesn’t it look way different this time?
santacookieslayout
This is all December kit as well…yummy!

That’s why I love sketches! You can use them over and over and over!
santacookiedetail03
Those fun hat pins again…now that I’m looking at this picture it reminds me that I need to trim off those sharp points. What do you do with your pins on layouts?
 santacookiedetail01
I’m in love with these fabric Thickers! Isn’t the sequined ribbon fun? I layered it on top of some Crate Paper that I had scalloped (thanks for the borrowed punch, Brenda!) and then the striped Crate Paper too. Love that North Pole line!
 santacookiedetail02 There were quite a few Jillibean Journaling Spots in the kit…but I didn’t have a number that would go with the layout…so I just added my own little title to it using the October Afternoon letters.

And yes, I realized I cheated and didn’t use all 4x6’s like I said. As I sat down to plan this…I didn’t have enough horizontal photos from Santa Cookie Baking…so…I just resized two vertical photos to 3x4 and layered them together to create the 4x6. So I spent maybe 5 minutes on Photoshop doing that before sending them off to be printed. I admit it.

I hope you have had success with your goals this week too…link up your results…I’d love to see them!
Stay tuned this week…I’ll share some other things I got done on Saturday.

Oh, and I’ve seen a little sneaky peaky of the next kit from Green Tangerines…oooooh…yummmy….can’t wait for my box to be on my desk…
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment