Thursday, September 16, 2010

oh happy day

Yesterday was not good. Life just got the best of me. Life with a dog who likes to run bonkers when he gets out. Life with three little boys who don’t always like to do what they have to. It’s life. What can I say?

Today? Much better…

Of course, it’s all how you look at it. Plenty of annoying things happened today. But who cares when…

1. I spent 40 minutes on the treadmill today. I opted to run 2 minutes/walk 1 minute. My knee felt great. I can feel the after effects…but only in tightness…no real pain. I’ve been doing a massage technique that my PT friend showed me, foam rolling that IT band and icing. Of course, the time off has helped too. It’s been nearly 3 weeks since my disaster run…and I really haven’t run since. I’m still out for the Half in October (Trying to be smart here…although I had a bit of a ‘Could I?’ moment today when I found out that the finishers medals are cow bells…Hello? How fun!! This race is so on my 2011 list!).

I am going to tempt fate and do our pre-planned 10k…running and walking of course.  I figure 6.2 miles is a lot easier to negotiate if something doesn’t feel right…13.1 would be a LONG way if I couldn’t run it.

If you are local…Sunday’s race benefits the Mind Institute for Autism research. There is a 5k, 10k and 3/4 mile kids run. Check it out: miners ravine run. Fleet Feet on Douglas is where you can go to sign up!

2. Green Tangerines is officially open! Woot Woot! I popped in there (I told you I would) today. I couldn’t help myself. It was so nice to just be in the store again. I got some stuff from Teresa Collins, Jillibean and American Crafts so be on the lookout for layouts soon! The layouts that I planned the other day are actually on display at the store so go check them out. I’ll post them here once I get off my duff and upload the pictures of them. LOL

I’ll be back soon with layouts…yes, you read that right…actual layouts on my blog.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment