Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sam Pal and a sketch


My middle guy met his favorite pal in preschool a few years back. They connected immediately as did his mom and I (it's always nice when you can be friends with the moms of the pals of your kiddos!). It turned out we had a lot in common and all of our kiddos get along nicely...and so do our hubbys. Friendship made in heaven, huh?

A while back the store asked a few of us to create some layouts with the October Afternoon monster paper (these are either Louie, Charles, Henry or Jack...either way, they are no longer in production, sadly). I just love that line. Love anything OA, actually! I'm digging on their Farm Fresh and Report Card lines right now!

So here is what I came up with:

And here are some details:


I used two different journaling cards to create the block here.


Hand cut two of the cuties from the papers.


Stitched up the felt circles and added some brads.


And here is where I got the inspiration for the layout. I wish I had recorded who did the original to give credit where credit is due...I hate when I do that. So if it's yours, post here and I'll give you a shout out! It's from a Creating Keepsakes last year, I think.


And here is the sketch I created from the layout:


I also created a layout for the March kit with the same sketch:


Link up your layouts from this sketch and we'll give you a shout out too!


No comments:

Post a Comment