Thursday, February 25, 2010

sneaks…

Here are some sneak peeks at the first layout I did with the new kit from Green Tangerines…love the colors!

drtroutgtkcfeb2010detail01 Little letters…a must! The labels are October Afternoon…the paper is Collage Press.

drtroutgtkcfeb2010detail02 snaps by WeRMemoryKeepers, paper by Basic Grey

drtroutgtkcfeb2010detail03 This is fun…it’s actual WOOD. Creative Imaginations is making these thin sheets of wood for scrapbooking. Cool, huh? I tried to run it through my printer, but it didn’t like it. It’s thin, but still too thick for the printer. (FYI…my printer has a opening at the back to help un-jam paper…does yours? Comes in handy, I tell ya!)

So rather than play with it more, I decided to pull out a trusty transparency and print on it. I bought a box of printable transparencies at the office supply store a while ago to use for times like this.

Then I stacked the transparency on top of the wood and a piece of scalloped paper (it’s the backside of the yellow you see by Crate Paper…I used a scallop border punch to make the actual design) and pierced a line of holes along the edge. Then I hand sewed it all together. I wasn’t sure it would go through my sewing machine after the printer fiasco.

I noticed the date label on the October Afternoon sticker sheet and it fit perfectly under my printed date…no advanced planning, just a happy accident. I love when that happens!

I’ll let you know when the full version of this layout is posted…in  the meantime, check out the GT Flickr account to see more fun layouts!

Off to scrap some more with this kit…

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great sneak and I love the idea of saftey tatoos that is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete