Friday, October 1, 2010

september by the numbers

Whew…it sure is a hot October 1 here in California! I love the heat…but I love it in the summer where it belongs. Bring on the cooler fall temps, PLEASE!

IMG_0464 Last day of September, nothing better than checking out the gutter at dusk…dressed in a Pirate hat made of newspaper!

Here’s how my September turned out:

RUNNING…

Miles: maybe 15…thank you very much cranky knee…mostly on the treadmill testing out the knee once a week.

Race: 1 10k (time 1:21…I walked a lot of it and still only came out 5 minutes over my Fourth of July time! We had already paid for it and the whole family was participating so I just went for it)

Longest Run: 6.2 (see above)

Physical Therapy Appointments: 1

SCRAPBOOKING…

Layouts Completed: 2 (woot! woot! here and here)

Layouts in progress: 3 (so excited!)

 

Looking forward to in October…

Physical Therapy Appointments scheduled: 3 (one today was awesome! I got my butt kicked and felt so good…I’m on the road to recovery)

Urban Cow: While I’m not running my Half like I had planned (see physical therapy)…I am going to run the 5k. It will probably be more like a walk. I was planning on going to cheer on all my Sole Sisters and thought ‘what the heck’. It will give me something to do while they are gunning down 13.1.

Scrapbooking: Finishing those three (see above) layouts and working on some more. My mojo starting to eke it’s way out.

And of course, lots of soccer games, USC Football games, the pumpkin farm, halloween fun, and…

…the start of duck hunting season. What’s that you say? You didn’t know I was a hunter? I’m not. I’m a duck hunting widow. And gauging by my husband’s non-stop exciting rambling (along with the multiple emails and phone calls between him and his hunting buddies)…it’s going to be a very long season.

Kristen

 

p.s. Yes, they do eat all the duck they shoot. And he does take the dog so at least I don’t have to deal with Trigger along with my three crazy boys while he is off shooting innocent waterfowl.

p.p.s. This is payback for all the times he has had to deal with the kids so I could do long runs. I’ll get him back again when my knee heals…you can bet on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment