Tuesday, January 4, 2011

resolutions...

I’m not one to make resolutions. In my world, they tend to get broken or I forgot about them around January 15th.

But with my new found love of running, I have proven to myself that having a fitness related goal is necessary for me to make some movement in my life.

First, it was to start running using a Couch to 5k program. Check. First day was January 8, 2010. Next, complete that 5k. Check. Run Rocklin in April, 2010. Then…Half Marathon before I turn 40. Still working on this one. My cranky knee got in the way in October so it turned into a run-walk 5k.

So…this one is still my elusive goal. Call it a resolution if you want.

Are you hoping to run in 2011? It’s so do-able! Check out my posts on running in 2010 and you’ll see how I did it (and can check out the re-caps of my running journey). Just click running in my sidebar -------->

And go enter this giveaway. You can thank me later.

Then there are the jiggly parts. Honestly, I haven’t lost many pounds this year of running. A few here and then a few gained there. It all evened out for the most part. But I know I am stronger. And I know things fit differently and I have lost inches. But I still have a ways to go.

I’m guessing you might too. That seems to be the way we are in today’s society. But that doesn’t mean we have to accept it!

I’m trying to do it smart. Eat less sugar and processed foods. Eat more veggie and fruits. It’s a process…and my sugar addiction doesn’t like it. Too bad.

To help me jump start on this next step I’m thinking about joining a challenge at Green Tangerines. You can too! There are scrappy prizes and CASH to be earned. You don’t have to be local, but you do have to stick with it for 12 weeks..and document your journey.  Check it out:  biggestloserchallenge

Kristen

1 comment:

  1. The biggest loser challenge sounds tempting. I definitely need some motivation. I think 2 1/2 years later, I can no longer blame it on "baby weight" :(

    ReplyDelete