Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth

We love Disneyland, don’t you?

mickeymouse

I grew up about 20 minutes from there and I don’t think I appreciated how close that actually is until (1) I had kids and was living 45 minutes away and (2) we moved to Northern Cal! My parents still lived close by and up until 2 years ago we went several times a year. You see, my mom works for Disney and we got in free! So free entrance + fee place to stay = very reasonable trip to the Happiest Place on Earth!

Two years ago, that all changed. My parents moved up here. Great for the every day grandparenting thing…and don’t get me wrong, we love having them 15 minutes away. But the free place to stay is now gone. My mom still works for Disney (telecommuting…isn’t technology a great thing?!) but she’s not there to meet us at the gate when we want to get in.

Translation…it put a big crimp in our Disney style. :)

Last summer we were able to pull it off for a reasonable price (thanks to Mom and Dad’s pack rat ways…they had some free passes stashed away) and so we tacked on to our annual Worden Family trip with my brother-in-law and his family. So fun!

Needless to say, with lots of trips to Disneyland comes lots of Disney layouts. To be honest, I’m not a big fan of the overtly Disney papers and embellishments out there. I guess with so many pictures from so many trips, it all starts to look the same to me. So I tend to scrap my Disney trips like any other event…looking for colors that pop out at me and getting papers and embellies that go with that.

disneyjanuarykit

This layout is using the fun stuff found in Green Tangerine’s January Kit. I’m pretty sure they still have this kit in stock…it’s probably my favorite so far…so call and get yours!

They actually used this layout as a basis for one of their kit of the week’s too…they changed up the papers to give them more of a traditional Disney feel, but the bones of the layout are the same! Call and see if they still have it!

siggy

No comments:

Post a Comment