Thursday, August 13, 2009

space pictures...finally

Okay, so don't get too excited. In the midst of all our hard work on Saturday, I guess I didn't take as many pictures as I thought.

You can find the low down of what all we did here.

This is mid-way through...a before of sorts. This room was a guest room before. It really only gets used about 5 nights a year. The way we have it laid out now, an air mattress can be set up in it for those 5 nights! This picture shows how we just dumped everything in the room for me to organize later...fun times.

This is more complete. It's basically the other side of the room (opposite of the above picture) and is my work space. The top of the book shelf has been cleared off now and houses my patterened paper and cardstock. Most of my years and years of albums fit in there now.

The photos on the wall are leftover from when it was a guest room...there are more to add. It's basically a generation photo collection...that big one with three boys is my dad and his two brothers...it used to hang over my grandma's bed. When she passed in 2006, I asked if I could have it...I had just found out I was pregnant with #3 and figured it was kismet. :)

The room has been used a lot in the last 4 days. Just to the left of this picture is T man's art desk. It's a fold up table that can be removed in case of guests, but he loves it. He is busy in there creating whatever his heart desires...and practicing his writing. S and J have hung out in there with him just checking it all out.


Have I actually scrapped in it yet? Nope. I'm busy putting the finishing touches on the organizing part. I have worked on some thank you cards though...long over due thank you cards!

So the best part of the room? The cost was free! Just time and hard work from hubby and me.

That's why it looks so hodge podge and dated. All of that furniture has been mine for 20 years. I was going to paint it and try to update it...but then I thought of all the things on my to do list that haven't gotten done and figured that I'll cross that bridge when I get to it...ultimately I'd love to have it done with professional built ins and such. A girl can dream, right?

For now I have a space downstairs, my kids can join me and I hope that once the school schedule kicks in...I can actually scrap there!





No comments:

Post a Comment