Wednesday, March 31, 2010

a happy mistake

Here’s a sneak look at another March layout I finished up yesterday…a totally different color combo from my first layout…all with the same kit!

pumpupdetail03

I pulled out these little MLS letters from my February kit to add a little sub-title… pumpupdetail01

This little birdie journaling card is by My Mind’s Eye…so cute!pumpupdetail02 Try using the back side of your patterned paper (this is Lush) to offer a bit of contrast. This was actually a little mistake…here’s how it went down:

I had decided to use that more blue side of the paper first…then I flipped it over and put a bit of adhesive on it and as it was laying there I realized that I liked the more white side better.

I attempted to take off the bit of adhesive I had already put on it and it tore the paper a bit. So I started brainstorming how to cover it. All of the sudden I decided to pull out my trusty circle punch.

My first thought was to punch out the circles from that same white side and just pop them up for visual interest. But then a circle fell on the layout blue side up and I liked how it looked in contrast. Viola. A happy accident.

At the end I decided to repeat the little grouping of circles on different spots on my layout to create that visual triangle.

What do you do when you make a ‘mistake’?

Stay tuned for more sneaks and I’ll let you know when the full layouts are ready for your viewing pleasure!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment