Thursday, May 13, 2010

enabling alert

Yes, I’m about to enable some shoppers out there…that is, scrapbooking shoppers.

Ever since my local scrabooking store shut it doors (temporarily…see the end of the post for more information) I haven’t really bought any new stuff. That makes my hubby happy.

I’m the type of scrapper that wants to see the colors in real life…to touch the papers…to hold the papers next to each other to see how they coordinate. Online shopping for scrap supplies just doesn’t do it for me.

I’ve been happy to still be designing for their kit club because that gives me new stuff to work with (and it’s all coordinated so no guess work there).

But I was feeling the need for some new stuff outside of that. My friend Sarah is a Memory Works consultant and was placing an order so I flipped through her catalog and found some stuff I loved.

brook

The Brook collection by Crate Paper with brown velvety letters (Lush collection by My Mind’s Eye).

girlspaperie Girl's’ Paperie On Holiday line and American Crafts Thickers. Don’t you just love the colors in this line? The polka dots and pennants are my favorite!

So what did I like about ordering through Sarah that was different than online?

For one, she’s local and delivers it to my door. :) (but if you aren’t local, she’ll ship it right to you)

Second reason…I like supporting her and her family.

Third reason…Memory Works carries just a few lines at a time. It’s not a super store. But the smaller focus allowed me to reasonably flip through it all and make a decision instead of being overwhelmed by Two Peas in a Bucket or another online store.

(For the record, I’ve ordered from Two Peas before and I was very happy with it. They carry a TON of stuff and I know I’ll order from there in the future.)

And the best reason? Sarah was having a drawing for orders on National Scrapbook Day and I won!

lemongrass So in addition to my order above, she delivered these goodies: the Lemon Grass line by Crate Paper! I’ve already played with these a bit and I’ll share what I did tomorrow.

In the meantime…check out Sarah’s blog: Sadie Scraps or her Memory Works store and tell her I sent you. I don’t get anything…but I’m sure she’ll be happy. :)

Kristen

p.s. Local friends…would you be interested in going to a home party where you could order from Sarah? She’d bring samples and stuff and we could hang out and chat scraps…let me know and I’ll put one together.

8 comments:

  1. Need you ask? Of course I would come! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd come and I bet I know some others who would, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemme know!

    Hey - I'm taking a mini road trip for the day with some girlfriends down to Berkley to hit up Scrapbook Territory. Interested????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there. When is it? :)

    Can't wait to see your layouts! Love the girls paper line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the info keep me posted please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course. Just let me know when. :)

    Merri

    ReplyDelete
  7. twist my arm! i would love to come and SHOP!
    -Tanya

    ReplyDelete