Tuesday, May 11, 2010

random thoughts

Hi there stranger! Yep, I’ve been a bit MIA in blog-land lately. We had a houseguest this weekend+ and I’ve been trying to recover mentally (LOL) and house duty wise. The bedding has been washed and put away, the 6th load of laundry is in the wash and I have 5 full baskets of clean clothes waiting to be folded. Sigh.

Did you have a good Mother’s Day? I enjoyed spending time with family…we hosted my parents, grandfather, mother in law, brother in law and his family for dinner. Always a good time with that many people in our house. The five cousins get along great…even if it is quite LOUD while everyone is here.

greencard Another monochromatic card…love how you can sand and distress edges of the coredinations cardstock…

yellowcard

Easy peasy yellow card…October Afternoon and Scenic Route, I believe. I did another one that was similar and way cuter, but I forgot to photograph it so you’ll have to take my word for it.

angletote

My mom and dad gave me this adorable bag. I love this new patterned by Vera Bradley. I had been eyeing it and my mom did so good picking out the style all by herself! (It’s the angle tote, btw, you can see it by clicking on the picture). I LOVE IT! And I just love my mom…when she handed me the box, my hubby teased her and said ‘she’s not your mom…why are you giving her a gift?’ My mom, not missing a beat said…’I want to honor my daughter for being a great mother. She works hard and deserves a treat on mother’s day’. My sister in law and I just sighed. I love my mom. (BTW…hubby and the boys got me a new workout outfit…it’s bright yellow…like Lance Armstrong yellow…and black…so be on the lookout for me running your way soon…LOL)

I think that’s all of my random thoughts for Tuesday…

Except…I RAN 4.25 miles on Saturday. I was so jazzed! Don’t forget…I couldn’t run more than 5 minutes straight in January. My little Saturday morning run took me just under 48 minutes. I ran the whole way, only jogging in place when I had to wait for traffic lights to change. Whohoo! Hubby and I are signed up to run another 5k in May and then we’re eyeing a 10k in July. I’m starting to understand a little bit of that ‘runner’s high’.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment