Wednesday, March 9, 2011

abc’s of me

I’ve been watching this abc post float around the blogs and thought I’d jump in too. I’ve seen it here and here and here. I know I need to share some real stuff…but today this is what you get.

(A) Age:39, baby, and loving it. Really. I turn 40 in just over 3 months…bring it on!

(B) Bed Size: California King. We switched about 8-9 years ago and we had a tiny room…it took up the whole room, but we didn’t care. It’s time for a new bed but I know it will be a Cal King again.

(C) Chore You Hate: Um, can it be a list? I guess folding laundry and bathroom cleaning are at the top of the list.


(D) Dogs? 1 gorgeous lab. He is a really good looking dog. But he’s a hunting dog…which means he is very high energy. I do love him, but he’s hubby’s dog through and through.


(E) Essential Start Your Day: Brushing my teeth, checking my phone, throwing on the workout wear so I’m forced to get it done sometime during the day.


(F) Favorite Color: Overall blue…turqoise, navy, light blue, dark blue. I like blue. But Pink sneaks in a lot…


(G) Gold or Silver? Silver. I didn’t really discover this until after we were married. I wish I had gone the platinum route with my wedding ring.


(H) Height: 5’6" 1/2”…which is dumb…so I need to start embracing 5’7”.


(I) Instruments You Play: I did take piano lessons growing up…but I haven’t tried to play in decades…so no.


(J) Job Title: Wife, Mom…crazy train driver.


(K) Kids: Boy Mom in the house…9, 6, 4…woot woot!


(L) Live: Northern California…just about 30 minutes outside of Sacramento, CA…although our town feels worlds away from the hustle and bustle and other interesting things about the city. I love our sleepy little suburb.


(M) Mom's Name: Pamela…which, interestingly enough is my mother in law’s name too. Go figure.


(N) Nicknames: Kris, Missy Krissy (my grandpa has called me that since I was a little girl), wordo (which is a take on my last name and was actually my husband’s nickname forever…a friend attached it to me recently)


(O) Overnight Hospital Stays? 3 babies…that’s it!


(P) Pet Peeve: People who think the rules don’t apply to them.


(Q) Quote from a Movie: Oh gosh, I’m bad at this. First to come to mind is:

“How do you like them apples?” from Good Will Hunting

“I’ve loved the very idea of you, before I even met you” or something like that from The Firm

I know as soon as I hit publish, I’ll think of a million others that I love. I’m not quick that way.

(R) Right or Left Handed? Right.

(S) Siblings: younger brother…but thanks to marriage I have another younger brother and now two great sisters in law too.

(T) Time You Wake Up? 7…just in the nick of time. I like having boys, no muss, no fuss. I should get up earlier, but I don’t.


(U) Underwear: What about it? Yes, I wear it. I’ll leave it at that.


(V) Vegetable You Dislike: Gosh, I’m not a big veggie fan, but my husband is amazing in the kitchen and can usually figure out a way to prepare it so I’ll eat it. Raw tomatoes (aren’t those really fruits, though?) and mushrooms are ones I can’t get over, though.


(W) What Makes You Run Late: Um, I have three kids. I once read that you should add 15 minutes for each kid. I rarely am THAT late…but I’m rarely right on time either. It’s annoying to me since I was always early or right on time before I had kids. Sigh.


(X) X-Rays You've Had Done: teeth only until late last year…my first official non dental x-ray was of my knee.


(Y) Yummy Food You Make: I love to bake. I also make a pretty mean meatball.


(Z) Zoo, Favorite Animal: Hmmm…not a huge fan of the zoo. I go because the kids like it. I suppose the giraffes always catch my eye.

 

There you have it. I’ll be back soon with some run updates and some March kit layouts.

 

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment