Friday, October 2, 2009

a fall favorite...

Fall is my favorite.

Born and raised in Southern Cal...the seasons didn't really mean much to me. Pretty much it's summer all year round. Yes, that's an exaggeration...but it's nearly true. Don't get me wrong. I'll always be a SoCal girl.

But 5 years ago, my mind was awakened to the fact that seasons actually exist!

And Fall. It's my favorite.

I love the break from the heat of summer (especially NorCal summers!). I love the change in the leaves. I love that it's cool enough for jeans, but still warm enough to wear open toed shoes. Yep, I love fall.

Another reason I love fall is our annual trip to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm. Living down south, we tried so hard to find a place where we could pick our own pumpkins. Not easy to find...but now that we live up here...we have Bishop's.

We were shocked the first year that we were actually pulling the pumpkins off the vine! Beyond that there are so many things to do there. My boys love the train and the super long slide!

Now, we'll never go anywhere else. It's our annual trip...and it's this weekend!

We always try to go the first weekend of October. Less crowds and it hasn't rained much yet (none yet this year) so the fields aren't super muddy. This year my parents will join us again and we get to share this great place with my brother in law and his family! Yay!


This is a layout I did for Green Tangerines a while back. It even was turned into a cute kit of the week.
If I remember correctly, these are Scenic Route circle stickers that I put brads through.



And two felt favorites...American Crafs thickers and felt ric rac. Yummy. (Paper is Scenic Route as well...)

Hope you have a fun fall weekend planned. The weather finally changed and I'm so excited! That and the fact that football season is in full swing makes me a happy girl! Fight On Trojans!







No comments:

Post a Comment