Friday, January 22, 2010

a way to help…

Sometimes I feel so far removed from the craziness that happens in our world. Of course, CNN and Fox news are only too happy to bring it into my family room each night. Sigh.

The devastation in Haiti is unfathomable to my little head and when things are so big, I am at a loss as to how to help.

In this economy, monetary donations are hard to come by. In this season of life where I have a family of three little ones, getting out and helping physically is impossible. But I can help in little ways.

A quick text of Haiti to 90999 will donate $10 to the American Red Cross. Done.

And a little cleaning out of the closets can help too. In just 15 minutes last night I piled up all the gently used shoes in our closets.

IMG_0194

Today hubby dropped them off at Sport Chalet. They are partnering with Soles 4 Souls to collect shoes for the people of Haiti.

If you are in the Sacramento area, you can drop yours off at Bayside this weekend…a Sport Chalet truck will be there to collect.

If you aren’t local, check out a Sport Chalet near you…all throughout Southern and Northern California, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City and Phoenix areas. They are collecting through the end of January.

If you can’t get to Sport Chalet…check out how you can get your donation directly to Soles 4 Souls on their website.

Kids shoes, tennies, sandals…you name it. I did hold back on my stilettos. Not sure they really need those…and heck, who is getting rid of stilettos? Not me!

{Sorry…just a little humor to lighten up a more serious blog post.}

Now go clean out your closets!

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment