Thursday, February 11, 2010

valentines for grandma

As promised…here is the fun valentine I came up with for the grandparents/great grands/aunts&uncles…

You will need:

A package of baseball card sheet protectors (I got mine at WalMart for about $6 for 35), cardstock, patterned paper and embellishments of your choosing.

grandmavalentines06 Trim the baseball card protectors in to 3 strips…

grandmavalentines05

Take the cardstock and cut into strips 7 1/2” x 4” and then score at 3/4” and 4 1/8” (You may have to futz with this depending on the measurements of the sheet protectors you find). Scallop the top flap if desired.

grandmavalentines04You can see that I took patterned paper and cut it down to 2 1/2 x 3 1/2” and slipped it in the protectors to back my photos. Ignore the 7Gypsies gaffer tape…I decided not to use it (even though I love it).

You’ll size your photos to 2 1/2”x3 1/2” as well. I took two images and layered them together in Photoshop so I got the two pictures out of one 4x6. I also added text to them.

4x6valentinesStaple or sew the edge of the protector into the top flap. You’ll see I added an extra layer of patterned paper because I didn’t like the red scallop laying on top of the red card front in the final product.

grandmavalentines02 

Decorate and embellish the front as you see fit. I borrowed an idea that I’ve seen my friend Brenda do on cards a lot (and you’ll see it on my teacher gifts tomorrow as well).

grandmavalentines03

Put the pictures in the protectors, fold the front of the card into the flap created by the stitching and you have a fun little photo holder!

grandmavalentines01

These are going in the mail to everyone tomorrow. I’ll take photos of what they look like with the pictures in them when the light is better…these were all taken with flash in my office…not great.

By the way…the paper is part of Making Memories 5th Avenue line.

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment