Sunday, April 18, 2010

results

So...I did it! I finished my first 5k.

And I sort of met my goals:

I only stopped running twice...to briskly walk. Once for 2 minutes half way thru and then towards the end I walked about 20 seconds before I realized I could see the finish line and was mad I was walking!

Even with that my final time was 35 minutes, 32.9 seconds. That's what made me so mad about my walking spurts.

But overall I'm elated with the whole experience. Hubby and I are planning on running another next month to shave some time off and then we'll hit a 10k over the summer.

I've got some thoughts on my training and becoming a runner that I'll share later, but for now just picture me with a huge smile on my face.

And a big shout out to my friend Amy...she rocked her goals for the 12k and in the process finished first in her age group and in the Top 100 overall! That's huge!!

Happy Sunday...I'm working on my week in the life photos how about you?



2 comments:

  1. YAY for you! you should be so proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Doesn't it feel good to complete your first run? I wish my cold would go away so that I can hit the pavement!

    ReplyDelete