Monday, May 3, 2010

monochromatic fun

mon·o·chro·mat·ic

(According to dictionary.com)

–adjective

1. of or having one color.

2.of, pertaining to, or having tones of one color in addition to the ground hue: monochromatic pottery.

I love color. Sometimes to break things up I focus on one color…the lights, the darks, the in betweens…one color can be fun.

It also helps when you have a layout with too many colors, or a dominate color. Like my February 12th layout here. (Well, that one has a bit of blue in it…but mostly it’s green). And my January 12th layout, too. Hmmmm…I’m sensing a 12 on the 12th = green layouts trend. I also do it on cards a lot.

The other day I stumbled upon this challenge over at Caardvarks and I jumped on it because doing monochromatic projects sometimes help jump start my creative mojo.

So I started by pulling out several colors of Coredinations cardstock and got to work.

After deciding on 5 different colors, I went to my scrap bins and started pulling out fun patterned papers in those same colors. This was a great way to use up some of my scraps! And since my scrap bins are separated by color, it was a snap to find them all.

Then I just sat down at my scrap desk and started playing. Here’s what I came up with.

 bluecard

(October Afternoon patterned papers, Coredinations cardstock, Creative Imaginations woodgrain, Making Memories paint, Cosmo Cricket letter stickers)

orangecard02 (Coredinations Cardstock, MyMind’s Eye pattened paper, WeRMemory Keepers jumbo eyelet, Stampin’ Up! Ribbon, unknown flower…it’s really old…anyone remember?)

rosecard (Coredinations Cardstock, Daisy D’s patterned paper, Jenni Bowlin patterned paper, Making Memories brad, 7Gypsies sticker)

orangecard01 (Coredinations Cardstock, My Mind’s Eye Patterned paper, Uniball Signo white pen, Prima flowers, bling)

Fun, huh? And, yes, I said five colors. I still have some green and yellow scraps on my desk…I’ll post when I get inspiration from them!

What can you do with one color?

Kristen

1 comment: