Thursday, July 1, 2010

June is gone? Say what?

How did that happen? June is over!!!

Six months of the year 2010 is over. I’m so floored by this.

Here’s what has happened in our world in June:

The last day of Kindergarten for T-man…

IMG_0045 The last day of second grade for the J-boy

IMG_0022 A week long visit from grandma…with overnight adventures for each big boy in San Francisco and a day trip for the little one in SacTown.

A 6th birthday…fun at Fairy Tale Town with cousins…party fun to happen in July since Mommy flaked out on sending invites for a June party…oopsie…

IMG_0024

Three weeks of summer school down…one to go…J-boy did a great job this year but I’m seriously considering not having him go next year. He’s earned a year off after 4 straight years of  summer school, don’t you think? (p.s. He LOVES the schedule and seeing his friends…but he gets annoyed at waking up early each day…and so do I :)

Breakaway at Bayside…I can’t say enough about it. The little boys and I went each morning (I led a group of first graders, including T-man) and then J-boy went each night (probably what was contributing to his annoyance at waking up each morning).

emmaandtylerFather’s Day celebrated with a BBQ at our house. It’s so cool having family close by again to celebrate these days!

My birthday…and the countdown begins to the big 4-0! My friend had an extra Project Life to sell me so I didn’t have to wait to order it from Amazon. Yay! (thanks, deb!) Of course, I was so excited that I stayed up til 2 in the morning last Sunday to open it up and put it all away.

IMG_0066

I  lost 3 pounds…5 if I catch it on a good day. This doesn’t seem like a lot, but the thing is I’ve been really concentrating on my running and not on the weight loss, so it’s kind of a great side effect! Also, I’ve lost a total of 6.5” inches. That’s the number that’s causing me to throw clothing in the donate pile…things are starting to get too big. Woot Woot!

I only ran 45.91 miles this month and at a bit slower pace than last month. I was looking at that and trying to figure out why. Then I realized that I really stuck to my training schedule in June (rather than in May I let my over-excitement take over and wasn’t being purposeful in how my miles were adding up). I’m looking forward to longer runs in July as I build up my miles. And I think my mid-week miles need to up’d just a bit. This mornings run was great…at my 5k pace with the first part of the run up hill. I felt great! If that’s any indicator to my July, I’m very happy!

marathon

In June, I finished Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide by Hal Higdon, an oldie but goodie. It helped me solidify some thoughts on my training…being a newbie it’s easy to get caught up in all the experienced runner’s stuff. I feel more confident in how I approaching my training now. And, no, I’m not looking to train for a marathon anytime soon…but I don’t say never these days.

nuts

Now I’m reading I Run Therefore I am NUTS by Bob Schwartz…very tongue in cheek and quite funny. (Thanks Mandy!) I also picked up The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer at Costco. I LOVED the Twilight books and it is fun to slip back into that world just a bit. I’ve got a girlfriends date to see Eclipse this upcoming week…woot woot!bree

On another vampire note, hubby and I started watching True Blood on HBO. Hmmmm…the jury’s still out. Not sure if I like it. At first I was intrigued. Then it’s nothing like the Twilight series, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But it’s odd. And a bit too dark. And while I’m starting to get into the vampire story line, I have to say that the Maryann story line is totally turning me OFF. We didn’t watch the first two seasons…but we did watch the ‘catch me up’ at the beginning of this season. So tell me, True Blood fans…do I need to watch the other seasons to appreciate the Maryann stuff? Because if that will help, I’ll think about it. Otherwise I’m thinking this show isn’t going on my must watch lists.

Alrighty…that’s my random rambling for today. Happy July 1st. I can’t wait for Sunday…my first 10k AND my favorite holiday of the year!! I’ll tell you more about that later…

Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment